Life is hectic, and crazy at best, but oh what a joy it is to hear someone call you "mommy" or "daddy". This is just an account of our daily happenings in this crazy thing we call life. No matter what happens in our day, it's always fun to "kidd" around!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fall Fun

Fall is in full swing, and it already seems like it is flying by with lightning speed!  There are so many days where I wish I could just push a pause button.  My baby is no baby anymore, and my precious three year old seems more grown up every day!  Sterling seems to change each and every day!  He is the happiest, sweetest demeanored little man that I know!  He is on the move 90% of the time, but he sure does love to snuggle too... and this mama is not complaining!  It's hard to believe that this blonde haired, blue eyed little boy was my premie baby, just yesterday!  Lily Kate is such a big girl these days too.... she is super helpful with her brother, and she just adores him.  I pray that love grows and that they will always be as close as they are right now!  She watches out for him, sings to him, reads him stories, and wants to be there to help with his every need.  My big girl is reciting Bible verses and sounding out words.... It's precious to me to hear scripture coming out of her mouth.... I know it has to make God smile! 
 
We've spent much of the Fall outside so far!  It's been so warm, it's hard to resist!  Lily Kate loves to ride her scooter and her bike around the neighborhood, and play outside with the other kids.  We visit parks a lot too!  Sterling is a huge fan of the swings... when he's not eating mulch!  We are trying our best to soak up as much outside time as we can before the weather turns cold! 
 
Even though the days fly by, I'm trying my best to stop and cherish all of those little moments that I know later will seem so "big".  That smile and twinkle from my little man, or that "mommy, I love you" from my girl.  The moment where Sterling grabs my face and leans in for some sugar, or when Lily Kate pats the place beside her and says, "Mommy, come snuggle me."  I may not be able to freeze my babies, but I sure can freeze those little moments and hold them in my heart forever..... forever thankful that God has chosen me to be their Mommy.  That He loved me enough to entrust their precious lives to me for a time.  That He is already giving them a heart that loves Him... I am forever thankful and overwhelmed by His goodness!

















No comments:

Post a Comment