We had our first visit to the ER for Lily Kate a few weeks ago. Our family was at a frozen yogurt shop enjoying a night time treat and Lily Kate had been dancing around the shop, showing off her moves. She ran toward the door and turned around to run back to her daddy when her crocs tripped her and she fell face first into the tile floor. She started to scream, and when Cameron picked her up we quickly realized by the amount of blood coming out of her chin that we were going to have to get her to the hospital. We threw everyone and everything in the car and drove to the Wake Med North campus Emergency Room. We are very blessed to have an ER right down the street from our house! It took a while to get Lily Kate to calm down on the car ride over there, but once she did, we were able to get her attention on other things. The worst part of the trip is the wait.... we waited for nearly 2 hours in the ER waiting room before being called back to be checked. Once we got back there, the doc quickly decided that she needed stitches. I was dreading that because Lily Kate has a tremendous fear of needles... so I knew this wouldn't be fun! I figured that Cam and I were going to have to be the ones to hold her down for the doctor, but thankfully the doctors have a trick for kids where the wrap them in a sheet like a burrito so that they can't flail their arms! They put some numbing cream on her chin and she didn't even flinch while they stitched her up! I was amazed! 4 stitches later, we were headed home. This was such a reminder of how precious life is.... even though it only ended up being 4 stitches and our brave little girl was ok, I was so humbled by the thought of how many parents have to see their children in a hospital bed, hurting every day. I know all parents are thankful for the lives of their children, but I praise God every day for their health, their rosy cheeks, their zeal for life, and I thank Him for allowing Cameron and I the blessing of being their Mommy and Daddy!
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment