Our precious little Sterling made quite the whirlwind appearance when he decided to come into the world! I woke up Sunday morning, October 7th , and was kind of crampy (now I realize I was probably having contractions and didn't know it) all day! I went to a baby shower that afternoon and continued to feel a lot of pressure, but thought for sure that I wasn't in labor! We were sitting around the dinner table later that night and Nini asked us if we had a game plan for when Sterling decided to make his appearance. We all talked over what the plan was, and were laughing about it! I even looked at Cameron and said, "Maybe I will go ahead and pack my hospital bag tonight!" We all sat down to eat dinner, and I had only taken two bites of my soup and sandwhich when my water broke at about 7:30. We ran around the house frantically packing bags. Thankfully, I had already packed Lily Kate a bag, so Nini and Pop were able to get her in the car and head toward the Talton's house. She was so excited when we told her that Sterling was on his way! Cameron and I finally made it to the car, and headed toward Rex. We got checked in at about 8:30 and they checked me. I was about 70% efaced and 3 cm dilated. The nurse said she wasn't sure, but she didn't think he would come before midnight. I got the epidural (praise the Lord for medicine) and we relaxed and waited on Sterling to give us some signs that he was ready to come. About 11:30 pm his heart rate dropped and they decided to check me again. I was 9 cm dilated and ready to push! About 6 pushes later, Sterling was out! He was born at 11:40pm. Our little miracle had a true knot in his umbilical cord and the cord had become wrapped around his neck during the journey into the world! We are so thankful that the Lord protected our angel and brought him safely into the world! He is perfect in every way. He weighed in at 6 pounds 4 ounces and he is 20 inches long! We couldn't be more in love if we tried! Because Sterling was 4 weeks 3 days early, he was experiencing some rapid breathing. They said his lungs were fully developed but he had a little bit of fluid on them. Unfortunately, they had to take him to the nursery for his first night because they wanted to monitor his breathing. He is now in the Special Care Nursery because the doctors want to be sure that he can sustain a normal breathing pattern and eat. We are praying each and every minute that our little man will continue to grow and his lungs will be strong! We can't wait to bring him home!




 |
| Right after my water broke! |
 |
| Looking at her brother through the nursery window! She can't wait to get her hands on him! |
Can't wait to meet Sterling! Praying he's home soon!
ReplyDelete