Life is hectic, and crazy at best, but oh what a joy it is to hear someone call you "mommy" or "daddy". This is just an account of our daily happenings in this crazy thing we call life. No matter what happens in our day, it's always fun to "kidd" around!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Beach Bums in the Making

This is the third year that Lily Kate and I have had the joy of coming to Ft. Myers, Florida for a little getaway while Nini is working!  Every year, Nini comes in May for a big GE meeting here at the Pink Shell Resort!  Unfortunately, she doesn't get to enjoy much of the resort while she is here... so Lily Kate and I tag along so all of this beauty won't go to waste!  I took the week off from school and we made the trip on Monday!  My little sweetheart was such a trooper in the car!  She played her movies, doodled on the iPad, and sang her little heart out... we got kind of tired of BINGO and Zaccheus after a while!  When we got to the resort, an afternoon storm blew in, and monkey was super bummed!  She stood at the window waiting for the rain to stop, and the minute it did, she had her suit on and was standing on ready!  I'm so thankful to have opportunities like this to spend with my little girl!  I know these are times I will treasure, and hopefully she will remember our fun trips too!

This is our first year with no swim diapers!  Yayyyyy!


The front of the Pink Shell Resort!  We stayed in the middle building!

Loves the sand... bathing suit or not!





Such a great beach to hunt for shells!

It's so hard to believe that is my little girl... seems like just yesterday she couldn't even stand up!




We were so excited to get to visit with our sweet friends Corey and Cissie while we were here!  Lily Kate was especially fond of Corey... she was sitting in his lap and kissing him on the cheek by the end of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment