Life is hectic, and crazy at best, but oh what a joy it is to hear someone call you "mommy" or "daddy". This is just an account of our daily happenings in this crazy thing we call life. No matter what happens in our day, it's always fun to "kidd" around!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Our Sweet Angel

Our family just went through the devestating loss of our second child.  We found out last Thursday that our baby's heart had stopped beating and our little peanut had gone to be with Jesus.  Our hearts are still overwhelmed with grief as we try and understand all of this.... it's only by God's grace that we are able to take a breath and keep on going.  It's hard to put into words the amount of love you can have for a baby that you haven't even met.... yet they become a part of you from the moment you see those two pink lines.  We know our precious baby is in the loving arms of our Father.... and are clinging to the promise that we will get to hold him/her one day!

A Lament for My Baby
I never got to hear you laugh
you never saw me cry
didnt get a chance to say "Hello"
you never said "Goodbye"
I didn't think that I could feel
so sad, lost and forlorn.
I never knew God chose his Angels
before some of them were born.
Your life was short yet special
I shared it all exclusively
I felt you breathe, I felt you kick.
You were alive inside of me.
Every baby is an Angel
and every angel is divine
God needed one in heaven
He came down and took mine
And although we are not together
we're not really apart
for you'll always occupy a space
deep within my heart.
Time has begun to ease my pain
It's only some days now I cry.
When I wish I could have said "Hello"
and heard you say "Goodbye"
~Author Unknown

What Makes A Mother

I thought of you and closed my eyes
And prayed to God today,
I asked, "What makes a Mother?"
And I know I heard him say:
A Mother has a baby,
This we know is true
But, God, can you be a mother
When your baby's not with you?
Yes, you can, he replied
With confidence in his voice,
I give many women babies,
When they leave it is not their choice.
Some I send for a lifetime,
And others for the day,
And some I send to feel your womb,
But there's no need to stay.
I just don't understand this God,
I want my baby here.
He took a breath,
and cleared his throat,
And then I saw a tear.
I wish I could show you,
What your child is doing Here...
If you could see your child smile
With other children and say,
"We go to earth to learn our lessons
of love and life and fear,
but My mommy loved me so much
I got to come straight here!"
I feel so lucky to have a Mom who had so much love for me,
I learned my lessons very quickly,
My Mommy set me free.
I miss my Mommy oh so much
But I visit her each day.
When she goes to sleep,
On her pillow is where I lay.
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek,
And whisper in her ear,
"Mommy, Please don't be sad today,
I'm your baby and I am here"
So you see my dear sweet one,
Your children are okay.
Your babies are here in My home,
And this is where they'll stay.
They'll wait for you with Me,
Until your lessons there are through,
And on the day that you come home,
they'll be at the gates waiting for you
So now you see
What makes a Mother,
It's the feeling in your heart,
It's the love you had so much of
Right from the very start.
Author Unknown

5 comments:

  1. I love you Meghan. Praying for you and Cam during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry to hear about your sweet baby. praying for you guys as you grieve. praise Jesus though that we can grieve with hope knowing it is only goodbye for a season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for you and Cameron and sweet Lily Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this! There's nothing that compares to the loss of a child.

    ReplyDelete