May has been such a blur and Mother's Day was thrown in the mix of it all! With Dad in the hospital it was a stressful time to say the least, but any day spent celebrating being Lily Kate's mommy is special anyway! We were able to go to breakfast together before church, we went to lunch with Cam's family to celebrate all the mothers, and we were able to work it out to steal Nini away from the hospital for a quick dinner together. It's a reminder that we should praise God for the opportunity to be our children's parents all the time, not just one day a year! I was reading a couple of blogs recently and came across these "ABC's of Motherhood". They sum up the joys of motherhood perfectly, so I thought I would share!
The ABC’s of Motherhood
- A is for answering questions…lots and lots of questions
- B is for bathtime…a freshly bathed child…does anything smell better?
- C is for chaos wonderful, maddening, unpredictable chaos.
- D is for diapers…Pampers, Luvs, Huggies, whatever’s on sale…:)
- E is for entertainment committee…as in..”I’m not the entertainment committee.”
- F is for fathers…don’t want to take my children’s for granted.
- G is for God…how could I, why would I, want to do it without Him?
- H is for hearts…my children’s hearts…and my prayer that Christ would reside, and reign in them.
- I is for instinct…almost always better than any parenting book out there.
- J is for joy…its beauty is that it can be there regardless of circumstances.
- K is for kisses…bedtime kisses, good morning kisses, “I’m so proud of you” kisses…
- L is for life and the privilege of watching a new one come into the world.
- M is for Mercy…given to me daily by the One who “gently leads those who have young.” (Is 40:11)
- N is for “No” and trying to find the balance between not saying it too much but saying it enough…and teaching them to not say it to me…:)
- O is for octopus…really jealous of that creatures 8 arms!
- P is for prayer and potty training…the two go together right? Both necessary, but one is a lot more enjoyable than the other.:)
- Q is for quality time…and the struggle to put down the laundry, the mop, the vacuum, and spend quality time with my kids.
- R is for rest…looking forward to getting some in about 18 years.:)
- S is for swings, and slides, and sunshine. All three are enjoyed best with my kiddos.
- T is for tantrums. It’s not pretty when my kids decide to throw one…and mine aren’t so pretty either.:)
- U is for umpire…as a mom I sometimes make the right call, sometimes the wrong call…thankful that God’s grace covers it all.
- V is for van…REALLY didn’t want one, but I am SO THANKFUL for it now!:)
- W is for work…the best, hardest, most frustrating but rewarding job I have ever had.
- X is for X-ray vision…and all the other super powers we possess as moms!
- Y is for years…how quickly they pass.
- Z is for zeal…for the Lord and for His word…striving to be an example of that to my children.:)
No comments:
Post a Comment