Well, the day that I have been dreading since my sweet girl was born finally arrived. Today was my first day back to work. I started the day off with tears (more like sobs if I'm honest), drove to work through tears, cried multiple times throughout the day, and only smiled when I arrived back home this afternoon and saw my Lily's precious face! I never in a million years could've dreamt how hard it would be to leave my baby to go back to work. I have always been the person that loves what she does, and enjoys going to work everyday. Don't get me wrong, I still love teaching.... just not nearly as much as I love my munchkin! I knew that Lily Kate was in great hands and that she wasn't missing me at all, but boy did I miss her! Needless to say, I'm holding her right now as I'm typing this and the countdown has begun until the end of the school year. Being a mother is the most precious and certainly the most important calling that God has ever given me, and my sweet baby girl is my BIGGEST blessing! The lyrics to "Sacred" by Caedmon's Call really sums it up:
This house is a good mess it's the proof of life
No way would I trade jobs but I don't pay overtime
I'll get to the laundry I don't know when
I'm saying a prayer tonight cause tomorrow it starts again
Could it be that everthing is sacred
And all this time
Everything I've dreamed of has been right before my eyes
The children are sleeping but they're running through my mind
The sun make them happy and the music makes them unwind
My cup runneth over, I worry about the stain
Teach me to run to you like they run to me for every little thing
Cause everything is sacred
And all this time
Everything I've dreamed of has been right before my eyes
When I forget to drink from you I can feel the banks harden
Lord make me like a stream to feed the garden
Wake up little sleeper
The Lord God Almighty
Made your mama keeper
So rise and shine, rise and shine, rise and shine
Cause everything is sacred
And all this time
Everthing I've dreamed of has been right before my eyes
No comments:
Post a Comment