Life is hectic, and crazy at best, but oh what a joy it is to hear someone call you "mommy" or "daddy". This is just an account of our daily happenings in this crazy thing we call life. No matter what happens in our day, it's always fun to "kidd" around!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Three Generations




My sweet girl and I made our weekly (sometimes multiple times a week! :-) ) visit to Nini's office to eat lunch with her today! There's no denying how much my mom LOVES being a grandma and Lily Kate definitely knows her Nini's voice already! They developed a sweet bond from day one because mom was our constant when I was in and out of the hospital. Everyone has always said that there is something different about the love a grandmother feels for her grandchild and that is certainly evident when I see the two of them together. Mom and I have always had the most special kind of relationship and I have always cherished the fact that we are so close. I can only hope that my precious Lily Kate and I will have that type of relationship too and that the love and friendship that my mom and I share will pass down to another generation. I know that this type of love is something that can only come from the Lord and I am so thankful that I will be able to love my sweet baby in that same way! She is her mommy's eyeball for sure, and her Nini could just eat her up!

3 comments: